Greeting Bears Families and Friends:
I hope each of you and your families were able to experience all that the Paschal Triduum has to offer this past weekend. May the advent of this blessed Easter season ease your weariness and renew your energy as we go forward.
Welcome to Ms. Jessica Samide, who is assuming the teaching duties for the grade 4/5 class. We wish Mrs. Yorke well as she begins her maternity leave and awaits the arrival of baby.
At the end of the week, we will be saying good bye and thank you to two of our Wilfrid Laurier University Student Teachers: Mr. Colla and Mrs. Stern. Both of them have accomplish just about everything you could ask for with a student teacher. We wish both of them all the best as they will continue their training in year two at an alternate site.
On Tuesday, we will be wearing blue to show our support for Autism. Autism affects one in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys. It is important to learn the early signs. For more information please visit http://autismcanada.org
Later this month, we will be holding a parents information evening on zones of regulation. Our school is using this to help with self-regulation. Please come out and learn more about this important framework: St. Bernadette Zones of Regulation. If you will be attending please return the form back to school.
Here is what is happening this week:
Monday, April 2nd
– Happy Easter
Tuesday, April 3rd Wear Purple – Show Your Support For Autism
– Homework Club 3:45 p.m.
– Grade 3 Literacy Skills Builder at 3:45 p.m.
Wednesday, April 4th
– pizza day – choice of pepperoni/cheese or cheese slice
– St. Bernadette Spirit Wear Day – wear your school colours
– Bear’y Good Sorting Award (Bernie and Barney)
– Easter Mass – Father Abba Maskel will be our celebrant
– Cst. Molnar School Visit for Grades 6 to 8 – internet safety and social responsibility
– Homework Club 8:00 a.m.
– Folk Dance Practice at lunch
– Rosary Circle Begins at afternoon recess – thank you Mrs. McKay
Thursday, April 5th
– Homework club 8:00 a.m.
– Literacy Skills Builder Program for selected Grade 3 students at 3:45 p.m.
Friday, April 6th
– Pizza party for our Grade 4/5 due to their outstanding efforts during our fundraiser
– FolK Dance Practice at lunch
Have a Great Week