Good Evening BEARS families and friends;
1. As we begin the season of Thanksgiving, we are reminded of all the blessings God has given to us. We are also reminded of the many that struggle to provide for their families. Please consider giving generously to support our neighbours who are in need. Here are some items that are in need: pasta, macaroni and cheese, cereal, cans of tuna, chicken, pasta sauce, canned stew, canned pastas, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned soup, etc.
2. St, Bernadette Spirit Wear 2019 until September 30th.
3. Nutrition For Learning …. We have an online fundraising program. The link to the page can be found at https://www.nutritionforlearning.ca/schoolfinder/ Money raised for our schoo lgets automatically directed our school finance account. Tax receipts are automatically issued via email to the person making the donation. We appreciate all your support.
5. We are still accepting donations for the Terry Fox Walk/Run. We are really close to the our benchmark of $700.00. Please help us reach our mark!
6. Umbrella Project Theme for October: Empathy. This is defined as the ability to share and understand the feelings of another. This is an important skill for students to develop. Please see the attached article on how to help your child(ren) develop empathy. https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/seven_ways_to_foster_empathy_in_kids
7. Pizza Day announcement: All pizza order overcharges have been refunded as of today and the error has been corrected for November onwards. Last Day to order November pizza on School Cash on Line is November 1st. We will not accept any November orders after November 1st. In addition, we are not able to refund or store pizza if your child(ren) is not at school on Wednesdays. If you are ordering pizza on school cash on line, please note this important point.
8. From the desk of our Carizon Worker…. Carizon Workshops
Have a great week!