This time of year puts us all in the mindset of giving thanks for the blessings in our lives, and expressing appreciation for each other. It allows us to view our world through a lens of gratitude. As families in Canada gather around dinner tables to celebrate this holiday, we will be giving thanks for our family, friends, good health and the wonderful St. Bernadette community. May you and your loved ones enjoy all of the warm blessings that this holiday has to offer.
Thank you for your awesome generosity in supporting our Thanksgiving Food Drive. We are a truly blessed community and the support of this initiative has shown this once again. All of the food that was brought in during this campaign will go to the less fortunate in our community that are not as lucky as we are. But … we need to remember that these families are struggling all year round, not just at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Your continued support to St. Vincent de Paul or through St. Joseph’s parish will help support these families all year round.
The new theme for the Umbrella Project for October is Empathy. This is defined as the ability to share and understand the feelings of another. This is an important skill for students to develop. Please see the attached article on how to help your child(ren) develop empathy. https://mcc.gse.harvard.edu/resources-for-families/5-tips-cultivating-empathy
1. On Wednesday, we will be celebrating our Thanksgiving Mass at St. Joseph. Your son/daughter should have received the permission form. Please return it to school: October 16th Bussing Thanksgiving Mass October 16th Walking Thanksgiving Mass. A written permission form is required.
2. Last week each family should have received a letter regarding our upcoming parent-student-teacher conferences. Please make sure you return the form back to school with they only or youngest in your family- Interviews 2019 2020
3. Our last set of planners/agendas finally has arrived. Our Intermediate students were the last group to receive them. Please contribute $2.00 towards the cost of an agenda and ensure you have had the opportunity to review, sign the first eight pages with your son/daughter.
2. Attachments for you to review…. Fall Craft Market Oct 2019
3. We are hoping to run a Mad Science Program for our students in Grades 1 to 6 over lunch hour. Please open the link for more information.
Have a great week!