It is with mixed emotions I write this final update for the 2019-2020 school year. What a year it has been. There is no doubt that we will remember this year throughout our lifetime. We would have never anticipated this ending to our school year. On what level did we expect a global pandemic would interrupt our learning, our goodbyes and of course our grade eight graduation.
We would like to say thank you to all of our families. We know that the last three and half months have been different than any other year. The closure has shown us that we are very strong school community with many things pulling us together during this time. Our teachers, students and parents have shown their strength and should be proud of their efforts.
Thank you once again for your kind support throughout the past five years. As a school community, we have shared in many successes by working together and overcome some challenges as well. I will cherish the memories forever and look forward hearing success stories from our students and community.
May God bless us all and I pray that everyone is safe over the summer.
Student Pick-Up of Personal Items and Drop Off Of School Items
The school will be open to pick up personal items on Monday, June 22nd and 24th. We will also have a last call on Thursday, June 25th. Please make sure that you have read the attached letter so that you are well prepared for this: St. Bernadette Parent Letter Regarding Personal Belongings. We thank you for your support and co-operation as we do our best to keep everyone safe with the protocols we have been provided.
The St. Bernadette school staff would like to take this opportunity to wish all of the awesome fathers out there a very Happy Father’s Day! We hope you get to enjoy your special day with your family! During this time we realize that heading out to purchase a token of appreciation may still be somewhat problematic so with this consideration we would ask that you please have your child open the following link and present the “gift” wherein to you! Happy Father’s Day. Father’s Day Card(final)
- Continue to look for Newswires throughout the summer as information about the school start up becomes available.
- Graduation – Congratulations to our Grade 8 students. They have been a very positive group of students who have made many valuable contributions to our school community. We wish them well in all their future endeavours. Our graduates have been notified by their teachers about our graduation plans and slide show which will be posted on google classroom at 5:00 p.m. on June 23rd. Graduation pictures will be in their bags when they come to pick it up. Unfortunately, graduation composite pictures will not be available until the fall.
- So many rich experiences are provided to the students of St. Bernadette School. These could not happen without the support and time of our many volunteers. Whether you have helped our students one time, or you help every day, we are thankful for you!
- Families of students registered to enter grade 9 at St. Mary’s High School in September 2020 are encouraged to visit the St. Mary’s website for information regarding the purchase options of school uniforms from McCarthy’s McCarthy’s online
- We would like to take this moment to thank Father Brian, Father Tom, Mary Forcier and the St. Joseph Parish Team for their active involvement in our school and faith formation. We continue to enjoy the wonderful participation with our parish and treasure their commitment to the great gift we have in Catholic Education.
- Although the end of the year brings about excitement and energy for the summer months to come, we also feel some sadness as our school community is about to change. Ms. Baillie will be joining Our Lady of Grace and will be truly missed. Mrs. Meyers will be on maternity leave and we wish her good health. Mrs. Hawley and Mrs. Quirion are retiring. Mrs. Wynen, Mrs. Ciupa and Mrs. Parvinder will also be leaving our school. We are very proud to have all of them in our team and we wish them nothing but success in their new roles. An updated staff list for the school year 2020-2021 will be available in September
- Mrs. Simoes who was selected by our staff as this year’s recipient of the “Staff Recognition Award.” Each year staff votes to select one staff member who exemplifies our Board’s mission and vision statement. Congratulations!
- Suleman N. and Sonny P. who were awarded the “St. Bernadette Inukshuk” honour for displaying leadership in a meaningful way to make our community a better place. Thank you to Mrs. Doherty Masters and her family for initiating this award for our school community.
- Michael O’Toole was awarded the “Gerhard Kompter Volunteer” award for his outstanding service volunteering in school, parish and community. Congratulations!
- Our sincere appreciation to this year’s School Council members for their contribution, commitment and dedication to enhancing the overall student experience at St. Bernadette. Please consider becoming a part of the 2020 – 2021 Catholic School Council. Additional information regarding our school council will be sent home in September.
- St. Louis still has space available in the remote learning Summer Expedition program! Literacy and numeracy gap filling for students going into Grade 7, 8 and 9. Registration Deadline has been extended to June 26 at 4:00pm. For details and to register visit:https://stlouis.wcdsb.ca/summer-programs/summer-expedition-gr7-8/