Please find attached a letter from the Minister of Education (Stephen Lecce) about the most current state of our COVIC-19 pandemic.
– top priority in Ontario is to keep people safe
– all schools in Ontario which are publicly funded are closed until April 6th
– many people, including children are anxious about this virus, which likely comes from a place of uncertainty
– talk to them about the facts
– there is an online portal to use in order to access a wide variety of educational resources found at
– preparations are being made in the case that schools need to be closed longer than April 6th (i.e. continuing
coursework and credit accumulation, leveraging tools to promote student learning, etc.)
– no graduating student will have their ability to graduate impacted by the two week closure and COVID-19
– all standardized assessments have been cancelled for this year (i.e. EQAO for Grades 3, 6 and 9, CCAT for
Grade 4, CAT-4 for Grade 7 and OSSLT for Grade 10)
– schools are able to access funding to provide a “deep clean” of the building
– if you have traveled it is vital that you are self-isolating for 14 days upon your return
– if you think you have the coronavirus, you can take the sell assessment test on
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus to help determine how to seek further care
– as information changes and develops, we will keep you informed.
Take care Bears! Stay Healthy!