On Wednesday, February 17th the Minister of Education, informed all school boards that there was an enhancement that would be adopted in terms of both screening and isolation guidance. Please see the summary below.
Screening: Staff and students must Self Screen before arriving at school (or immediately upon arrival). Confirmation of screening continues to be required for all staff and our secondary students. The change is that the new provincial direction requires that staff, students and children with any new or worsening symptom of COVID-19, as indicated in the school and child care screening tool, even those with only one symptom, must stay home until:
- They receive a negative COVID-19 test result.
- They receive an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional, or
- It has been 10 days since their symptom onset and they are feeling better.
- The student self-screener is found here: COVID-19 school and child care screening
- receives a negative COVID-19 test result, or receives an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional
If the symptomatic individual tests positive, or is not tested and does not receive an alternative diagnosis from a health care professional, the symptomatic individual must isolate (including from household members) for 10 days from symptom onset, and all household contacts must isolate until 14 days from their last contact with the symptomatic individual.
If your child becomes ill at school, parents/guardians will be contacted to pick up their child along with all siblings. Please be sure to have plans in place for student pick up during school hours. Ill students will not be allowed to take the bus home.
Together we will keep each other safe and healthy.